All the cool kids do it at the end of the year. A Roundup of the past year’s best blog posts, most embarassing celebrity moments, best self-esteem boosters. Well, since I’m rather new at this and don’t have a year’s worth of profundity to choose from, I’m doing the best movie lines of all time. Or, the most memorable, quickly identifiable, overall favorite ones.
We’ve done this before, in groups of in person or online friends—I’d love to have them all in one place–so refresh our collective memory and add your movie lines!
Of course, I’d be remiss and have to hang my head in shame if I didn’t begin with:
- Funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I’m here to fuckin’ amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?
- Life moves pretty fast. You don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
- Pardon my French, but you’re an asshole! Asshole!
- Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.
- Hey, what do you like, the leg or the wing, Henry?
- Oh I like this one… One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy’s sayin’, “Whadda ya want from me?’
- You have city hands, Mr. Hooper. You been countin’ money all your life.
- But, as you see, it’s a beautiful day, the beaches are open and people are having a wonderful time. Amity, as you know, means “friendship”.
- You know, like nunchuku skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills… Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.
- I can’t believe my grandmother actually felt me up.
- Can you describe the ruckus, sir?
- Tell ’em Large Marge sent ya.
- Let’s go do some crimes!
This is in no way a comprehensive list. If I held back the post in order to remember everything, it would be next New Years. See? I already neglected the one about the Gipper. Add your movie lines below.